Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our Anniversary

Colt and I celebrated over the course of the weekend. Our Anniversary was June 30th which fell on a Monday this year. We knew Colt would have POST that night so we used the weekend to play. Saturday was a full day for us. We went to the Utah Arts Festival. It was HOT! We went shortly after noon. It was still fun. We got Greek food. The food at art festivals is just as much fun as the art. I was really disappointed in the lemonade. I love festival lemonade that is made from the lemons, and sugar water while you watch. I swear all they had was Country Time or some tease like that.


There were a few booths we really loved. One of them was collages made from word cut out from Architectural Digest. The words all matched the mood/theme of the pictures the artist created. He had some that would have been great bathroom art with women reading in the tub. He had one I loved of a man and a woman lounging on the couch. I mean really if you don't have an artistic representation of yourself being a couch potato your life is lacking! Colt love a booth that had pop art. They were painted on polycarbonate wood. The artist had done scenes from movies, politics, and music.


We headed home after several hours to get ready for the Theater. We went to see The Drowsy Chaperon. When we got to the Rose Wagner there was no one in the lobby. We thought that was strange since the house just opened. We found a woman by the doors. She told us she could get us in after the next number. I was really confused our show didn't start until 8 and we were there at 7:30! I told her that our tickets said the show didn't start until 8 pm. She looked at our ticket and then informed me that we were at the wrong theater. We need to go to The Capital theater around the corner. I was glad it was in walking distance. I would have hated to be late to the show, because we went to the wrong theater! We got to see the whole show. It was a lot of fun. I love going to the theater! My only real complaint would be that you didn't leave the show singing one of the songs. A musical should always have a song that is so catchy you leave humming it!



Sunday was church and dinner at the Elton's. Dinner was fun this week. We got to meet some friends of Dale and Janice that they have known for years. Colt and I ate outside with Dale and the other men. I knew I was hanging out with a different age bracket when they all started comparing cholesterol medications. We also picked up some of Janice's awesome knitted dish clothes for ourselves and for Jodie (my mother in law).


Monday I took the day off work (Colt didn't have to work anyway). We went and saw Wall-e. We loved it! IT was amazing. I just love Pixar movies. Colt still had POST that night but he came home with flowers for me. They were beautiful and looked very Bridal all white and green. We fed each other year old cake and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We also exchanged paper gifts. Books, we really aren't that creative. Although Colt did do the cutest thing periodically through out the day he would ask me what were we doing right now a year ago. It was a fun way to remember all the different aspects of our wedding day.

Yummy year old cake!

Most of all I just loved having a fun weekend together and getting to celebrate the wonderful choice we made a year ago. I love my husband and I know I couldn't have made a better choice he is an amazing man and I fall more and more in love with him everyday. It was nice to get some time to share those feeling with each other.

1 comments:

Ruth said...

I like the choice to post both yours and Colt's versions of the anniversary celebration... Someone very smart must have told you to do so!