Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The begining of June

We have been neglecting our blog lately. I'm sure it doesn't have that big of an impact on most of your lives but we have gotten a few complaints. Well let me start back a few weekends ago with the weekend of June 6th-8th. At the start of June we had a very busy weekend. Friday night we were not able to do anything fun because I had to work. The 1st and 3rd Friday of the month there is a group called Signing Youth Hang Out (SYHO). That I support as part of my job. Normally I go and just help out the people who run it, but this week they were out of busy with meetings so I ran it. It was one of the teens birthdays. I did have the help of one of my favorite volunteers so that was fun to get to see her. Colt had a well deserved lazy night at home. Saturday morning Colt has POST and I had to work again. This time for another organization that I support called Hands and Voices. Normally I only go if they need me to help out. This is an organization for Deaf children and their parents. I had to run it this week because the woman who normally does was attending a baby shower for her first grandchild. The day went well except only 2 kids showed up. The adults vastly out numbered the children. I helped a little girl build a flower box, a shelf and a pencil holder.

On Saturday night we went over our friends Brad and Steph's house for a BBQ. It is always so much fun to hang out with them. Their daughter is so cute. Colt got to practice holding a baby. Little Monkey (Avery) is at an age where she feels a little more sturdy and Colt didn't get as nervous as he sometimes does with baby holding. We had burgers and brauts. After dinner we played rockband on their X-box 360. It was really fun. I have never been very coordinated with video games and this was no exception. Colt picked up on both the guitar and the drums pretty quickly but Brad and Steph put both of us to shame. They do have the unfair advantage of actually owning the game I think that may have something to do with why they were so good at it. I did best on the karaoke part. Which is a huge deal for me since I never sing in public. My very few Karaoke experiences include singing with all of my roommates at The Roost (a college apartment) and signing the words while Colt sang on the cruise this February.

Brad and Steph rockin' Rockstar

Learning Rockstar


That Sunday we had a BBQ with our neighbors before they moved. Colt baked a cake for the occasion. He made a grapefruit cake. It was delicious but a lot of work! I helped out here and there. It did take my OCD expertise to level the cakes so they could be neatly stacked. Colt prepared steaks for us mine was amazing with an Italian style seasoning on it. Our neighbors that were moving, Lindsay and Tyson were the best neighbor you could have ever hoped for and we are really missing them. Mike and Alicea our apartment managers came too and Chris and Whitney (another couple in our complex) stopped by. I was fun to get to know everyone better. Directly after the BBQ we went to the Elton's for dinner They are always a lively crowd. Dale kept insisting on serving Colt more and more salmon even though we tried to explain that we had just come from a BBQ. We also brought over some of the grapefruit cake for everyone to try it was a big hit there too.


Our awesome neighbors

Colt's beautiful and tasty cake

0 comments: