Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy 1 Year to Us

I know it must be hard for you all to believe that it was over a year ago that you attended or sent your gift to our wonderful wedding. On Saturday before our actual anniversary Maggie and I attended a production of the "Drowsy Chaperon" at the Capitol Theatre with tickets(paper to go with the first anniversary being the "paper" anniversary) that were purchased for us by Maggie's parents as our anniversary gift(thank you very much). We both liked the show and thought that it was a fun way to present a musical, but we both felt that the music was lacking and neither of us was singing a song as we left the theatre. It was still a great way to spend an evening at the theatre. Prior to the going to the theatre we went to Salt Lake City Arts Festival once I came home from POST. It was fun and the gyro was good, but it was also hot and I wanted a nap before going to the show that.


On Monday, our actual anniversary, Maggie and I went to see WALL-E. This was nice because we went to see Ratatouille on our honeymoon in Palm Springs. That made it fun to see the new Pixar movie on our one year celebration. We both loved WALL-E I keep waiting for "the Lamp"(Pixar) to disappoint me, but it has not happened yet. It was also more of a love story than some previous movies, so it worked well for our day. I went to POST that night, and came home to Maggie where we ate our one year old cake(what a stupid tradition...YEAR OLD CAKE?!?!). We Exchanged gifts with one another. I gave her David Sedaris' new book, and a copy of Juno on DVD (witha paper sleeve). She gave me the new book Bonk and a cook book on cake baking.

Cutting the cake

Arguably the best story of this day was my total failure. Maggie has been saying for months I would dare say since last July that all she wanted for her anniversary was flowers from Costco (beacuse they were pretty and cost effective). Every time we went to Costco she would look at the flowers and tell me which ones she would want if it were the end of June. So what do you think I did not get? Flowers. Not only did I not get flowers from Costco, I did not get them at all. To all of you readers who may be giving me the death look through the monitor stop it...I can feel your look. I had not realized Maggie was going to take the day off work and was planning on getting them that day. With a little fate POST ended early that night and I was able to sprint to Costco and get a bouquet of flowers. While I was buying the Costco flowers, Maggie went and bought some of the saddest little flowers I had ever seen in an effort to set the mood for our cake eating. So she ended up with two things of flowers, and she only had to pick out one.

2 comments:

jaesi said...

and a happy 1st to you!!!

Maggie knows right...Costco flowers are the best....remember that Colt ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats on a happy one year! Here's to many more :)
I love the Costco bouquets, too - glad you got one!

~Emily