Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fathers Day Weekend

Still playing catch up but now we are on to Father's Day weekend. My mom flew into town on the 11th. We picked her up from the airport that night and then I drove her to Springville the next day where her dad my Papa-daddy lives. It was great to spend some time with my mom. She was going to be heading to Hawaii for a vacation with my dad directly after her Utah trip. I got to see all of her new clothing purchases. She got some really cute things for the trip. That Friday night my dad flew into town. My mom's 40th high school graduation was that Saturday. We went to my Dad's favorite SLC restaurant that night for dinner, the Red Iguana. My brother Scott and my aunt Lisa and uncle Kevin met us there. Scott had the craziest hoodie I have ever seen. The food was great and so was the company.

Scott's hoodie

Some post-dinner visiting

That Saturday Colt and I picked up my brother Scott and headed back to Spingville. We stopped at Costco on the way down to do shopping for a family party. Normally I love a good Costco trip but this was just plain overwhelming! The were so many people there and Colt and Scott kept throwing food in the cart that I wasn't sure we needed. To make matters worse it was getting later in the afternoon and I still hadn't eaten lunch. Anyone who knows me knows I get cranky when I don't eat. I was doing my best at keeping my temper in check. When we finished the trip we went to pick up some Chinese food for lunch/dinner. We got lost on the way to the restaurant and boy was I a grouch by this point!

That night once I had eaten and my parents had returned from the reunion. I got to spend some time with my dad. Scott, Colt Dad and I went down to the Sringville arts festival/carnival. We rode on some rides that looked pretty unstable. Colt hate riding this sort of ride but he went on one for me anyway. It was fun being whipped through the air at nauseating speeds.

One of the rides we did

We spent the night with our friends Brooke and Steve who live in Provo so we didn't have to drive all the way back to SLC that night. It was so fun to see them. Brooke was a roommate of mine in St George at The Roost. I lived with her when I started dating Colt. We went to a malt shop with them because we were all so hungry. Even though it was a busy Saturday night they had a new girl on the cash register. I felt bad for her, but she was just so incompetent. Colt and I totally ended up over paying for our food. I tried to point out the error but she was just too frustrating to deal with. They also made the wrong food for Brooke and the wrong shake for Colt. All in all not the best dining experience. But it was worth it to see Brooke and Steve. Their apartment is so cute. I have been wanting to see it for some time now. Brooke is an interior designer so I knew it would be adorable and it is.

Sunday was Father's Day. I love my Daddy!!!! He is wonderful. It was great to actually get to see him on Father's Day that hasn't happened in a long time. We had a family party at Papa-daddy's house. It was fun to see cousins and aunts and uncles. All of the food we got at Costco was a big hit. After the party died down we drove back to SLC and Dad spent the night at our apartment before we took him to the airport the next morning.

0 comments: