Friday, August 29, 2008

Missing the MAGIC already

I love Disneyland!!! Colt and I got back a couple weeks ago from an awesome trip with Jodie and my little brother Jonny. It was so fun to share the magic with him! We headed out the day before we were scheduled to arrive and spent the night in Prim, NV. The next morning we headed to Knotts Berry Farm for an awesome chicken dinner and a day of roller coasters. Brad and Mandi met up with us. It was so fun doing all the rides. It was my first trip to KBF. They had the coolest thing where they film you riding the roller coasters and then you can buy it instead of a picture. It was so funny to watch. I mean you could really see the panic on Mandi's face when we rode Ghostrider! I really recommend the front of that ride. The back really beats you hard core!


Water ride at Knotts Berry. Got WET!

The next day was pure MAGIC we went in the main gates so Jonny could experience that. If fact we barely rode the monorail at all this trip. The first ride was Space Mountain and after that Jonny was hooked. He loved Disneyland. He got to be the driver the first time he rode on Indy!!


He stalled on the bridge

He loved the Tikki room (I read this post to Jonny for his approval and he I did not feel I accurately conveyed the love he has for the tikki room)! We all pigged out at the restaurants. Brad and Mandy joined us for a day in the park so Jonny and Mandy could try to make the 1313 bobsled team. It was a close call but they did get admitted to the team in the end. Welcome I am honored to have such fine bobsledders on the team. They both had great enthusiasm I know they will an asset.

Team 1313 minus our awesome Manger (Jodie)


The fireworks were amazing as usual. Even Jonny loved them and he is normally not a fan of fireworks. Disney just does it right! On the last day Jonny and I managed to get our group to be the first in line for Indy it was awesome. We had to take out a couple of little kids but they had it coming I mean lets be honest they were big cheaters. So we won hahaha!


We met a bunch of characters! We had fun at the character breakfast and everyone we met around the park.
Meeting Mickey!


We were made Honorary Citizens of Disneyland (Quite the honor)


We tried to pose like fat humans from Wall-E!

The rest of Jonny's visit was spent being lazy, swimming, and watching West Wing and the Olympics. Jonny flew out of Las Vegas so we all went down for the day. We really chowed down at Margaritaville. The manger didn't think we could handle 3 appetizers and entrees boy was he surprised. I think the stomach stretching in Disneyland helped! We did some shopping but it was just so hot we were ready for a break from the sun. We decided to hit up a movie and on the way got distracted with more shopping. We never did find the movie theater. We went to Johnny Rockets to eat before Jonny flew home. He got a milkshake to drink and apple pie for his dessert (Man I love that kid). The apple pie was awesome Colt got his with cheddar cheese melted on top. Sounds weird but I recommend trying it.

Margaritaville with the manger who doubted us


I was sad to see Jonny go but I was so happy I got to spend so much time with him. It is fun to see a little sibling grow up into really cool people that you love hanging out with! I was also happy I got to share Disneyland with him. It was become something I really love ever since my first trip. It was great to share that with someone in my family!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not feel you accurately conveyed the love I have for the tikki room! Sorry not to be picky