Monday, January 18, 2010

InFlexiable.

By Maggie:

I try to go to a yoga class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 AM. I have a very black or white mentality when it comes to exercise (among other things). I was training for a race last year missed one week of training and never went back. I have gone running since then but not with the same verve or consistency. Last fall I was going to this yoga class regularly until I got a few early morning appointments that conflicted with it and I had not gone to the class again until last week. It seems like my schedule has worked out in a way that at least for now I can go.

How do I get back in the habit once I break it? Just power through and force myself? Maybe, but I am very stubborn. My mom always said that if I could channeled my stubbornness into positive things that I could do anything and that no one could make me do anything I did not want to do. Well tomorrow is a yoga day so we will see whether my desire for sleep or for stretch is stronger. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

Umm whytf are you going to one so early in the morning? If you had one after school, I might consider it.

Maggie said...

There is one on this Saturday if you want to come. It is national yoga day or something like that. Anyway they are doing 3 classes in a row from 9-12. Let me know.

Jules AF said...

Okay. We should do the 10 one! I'll text you or something.

Janey said...

I need to catch up on this blog. I so needed that advice from your mom. I need to channel my stubborness in the opposite direction and push through! Thanks!

Early morning yoga or other fitness makes your whole day better.