Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cause that's how I roll

By Maggie:


I love listening to NPR (National Public Radio for those of you who are not liberal nerds like me). I also love listening to Salt Lake City crappy Hip Hop radio station. So on any given day I could be listening to either station. I noticed something kind of funny about myself the other day. I had a classmate get in my car one time and I turned the key the hip hop station started blasting. She gave me a funny look and made a snarky comment. I quickly lowered the music and changed it to NPR as nonchalantly as possible. When I drop my car off at the valet when I am interpreting at the hospital I always change to NPR before I give them my car. I never really paid that much attention to it. Then today I was leaving a pay parking lot and changed my radio station to NPR before I rolled down my window. I promptly changed it back and did some awesome car dance moves on my way home.

So today after doing that I tried to figure out why I hide my love of car dancing to the same 5 hip hop songs they play over and over again on the SLC radio station. Perhaps because those who have caught me in the past always tease me. Well world I want you too know that I love me some hip hop/get down music. On some days I need to listen to that more than Diane Rehm and Doug Fabrizio.

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

Biatch, we need to drive somewhere together ASAP. I am ALL about dancing to ghetto music in my car.

Britta said...

Blare it lady. No shame in car dancing! I prefer JT and 80's hard rock. You give love a bad name!

Unknown said...

I love that you listen to NPR! My Intro to Soc teacher last spring asked if anyone even knew what it was. Me and one other person raised our hands. His response was "Ah, the liberals of the class! I'd like to welcome both of you!"

Steph said...

i do this too. both the npr switch, and the car dancing. shamelessly.