Thursday, September 11, 2008

Want me to interpret that??

I just got the letter on Saturday and it is official I am a certified American Sign Language interpreter in Utah. I am a novice level certified (sorry for using certified again I just can't stop I'm so excited) interpreter. It makes all that time away from Colt when I was in the program and we were long distance finally worth it. It also means I didn't waste two years of my life Hooray for that!
People keep asking me what that means. Well let's start with the obvious it means I can get paid to work as an interpreter (which is AWESOME). It also means I have 3 years to pass the intermediate test. If I don't pass in that time I loose it all (that part is scary). So think happy thoughts as I prepare to test again. I am working with wonderful mentors who I know will be a big help to me.
Most of all I'm just super Super SUPER excited. I can't wait to get involved with more interpreting and learn more. I know this is an amazing opportunity and I am so grateful for it. I am also so grateful to all my friends and family who have been so supportive and encouraging to me through this process!

7 comments:

Libby said...

Awesome! Congrats, Maggie!

Mandyyyyyy said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so proud of you! What a great acomplishment! YEAH MAGGIE

Anonymous said...

Maggie, We are all very proud of you. Its an accomplishment worthy of celebration. Keep working toward your goals, you can achieve anything you want! congrats! BIG HUGS all around to you and those who worked with you.

Jodie Smith said...

We are all so happy and proud of you! Now what was the sign for cornucopia???

Unknown said...

nicely done Magster

Sandy said...

That's great news. Sometimes the prize seems so far off - it's nice to get it in the mail!!!

Britta said...

That's great Maggie! I always think of you when Ella and I watch Signing Time. ;0)
Good luck with everything. I know I've told you this a million times but if you ever want to learn the lovely legal part of it, court interpreters make good money. Plus you get to sign things like, "I don't know why there was a needle full of heroin stuck in my arm. It was probably someone else's." Sweet.