Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whiskey for my Men, and Beer for My Bloggers

Two weeks ago Maggie, my Mom and I went to the Toby Keith concert at USANA amphitheatre. IT was AWESOME!! During the day Saturday Maggie and my mother went shopping for Maggie to get a new western outfit. She got a great new cowboy hat, and a cowgirl shirt that she looks great in. I went to class where we did scenarios and shooting.
This was Maggie's second country concert (Willie Nelson was her first she went to last year) that she can remember. She has been to a few folk-country shows before not many pure country shows. She got dressed up and was pretty excited. I was stoked because I have not worn my Bailey(cowboy hat) or boots in a long time.
That night we went to concert and really enjoyed all of the opening acts. Trailer Choir which is one of the smaller bands on Toby's label was really good. I would recommend anyone who is a country music fan to check them out. Then Montgomery Gentry performed. I have never been a big Montgomery Gentry fan until I saw them live. They put on a great show. I knew a few of their songs, more than I thought I would, but I just learned the chorus quickly for the ones I didn't.

Montgomery-Gentry Rockin' It


When Toby came out it was awesome. Our seats were five rows from the front of the stage, and the pyrotechnics were awesome. The stage was set up to look like the grill of a Ford 150 pickup truck(Ford was the sponsor for the tour). It was the last night of the tour and the show was just awesome. Maggie said she was surprised at how many Toby songs she knew, and was able to sing a long with. I went nuts during "Beer for My Horses" (with all of COP wannabe spirit). One of the more fun moments of the show was when Toby started giving toasts. He started by toasting the firefighters really loud cheers from everywhere(everybody loves firefighters...darn firefighters), then he toasted "Police, Sheriffs, Highway Patrol, FBI and everybody else keeping us safe." 60% cheers 40% boos....darn firefighters. I have to say that Toby put on one of the best shows I have ever seen, and I have seen some great shows.

Toby wearing his Bailey, playing his patriotic guitar while singing "The Angry American"

Maggie and Me in front of the stage
Mom, Maggie and Me

Maggie showing off her new boots

7 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm so jealous!

Christie said...

Great boots, Maggie.
And hooray for the white hats!
All three of you all look great except that I think Jodie needs a hat too!

Emily Harper said...

COLT!?! How the heck are you? Why are you not running for president or something already? So good to hear from you! Keep in touch.

KelliAnn Christensen said...

Colt! It is so good catch up on your life. Brad told me that you were working on the cop thing, but it was kind of fun to read about it. You must be quite amazing. :) Oh, and I am way jealous of the concert. It sounds incredible.

Taylor said...

You look hilarious in a cowboy hat.

C & E said...

Colt! I'm so excited to run into your blog. You and your wife are so cute and it looks like you're doing awesome!

Jodie Smith said...

I did have a hat (a Bailey), but I had to take it off so we could get close enough to all get in the photo!