Saturday, November 7, 2009

Texts from Silent Weekend

Maggie is at a silent weekend. This is a weekend where she attends workshops that improve her sign language, and she is not allowed to talk. So she and I texted for the course of the weekend. Here are some of those texts.

1)
Maggie: Sorry, but it was nasty. Anyway the cabin we are at is off the hook! I am in love with the closet in the master bedroom wow it is bigger than our guest bedroom.
Colt: Is it also in 1999, cause that is the last time someone said "off the hook"? Glad you like it.
Maggie: Ouch! I didn't say radical or dope so that makes me a little cooler right?
Maggie: You are up early what are you doing today?
Colt: Eye Doctor. Guitar. Movie. Make fun of people who say "off the hook"
Maggie: Wow you really don't like that.
Colt: I really like being able to make of fun of you for it. BTW this is going on the blog.
Maggie: Fine. Well I guess you will have it word for word. Want to know why I said "off the hook"? It was on Desperate Housewives.
Colt: So, its only 2005 when people still cared about Desperate Housewives.
Maggie: Guess so...2005 it is...YAY! We are young again.

2)
Maggie: How tall is Yao Ming?

3)
Colt: Can I spend next month's rent on a piano?
Maggie: No
Colt: Damn...
Colt: Are you sure?
Maggie: Why don't you clean something if you are bored.
Colt: Who said I was bored I am buying a piano.
Maggie: No no no bear.
(PS I didn't buy the piano)

6 comments:

Jules AF said...

off the hook. hahaha at least she didn't say "off the hizook"?

Kari said...

I love that Maggies reaction to you wanting to buy a piano was to go do something better with your time. I think that shows you guys know each other well :)

jaesi said...

you can spend your next months rent and buy ME a piano.
Great plan.

Crystal said...

I've probably said "off the hook" five times this week alone.

Unknown said...

You guys are so funny. I request that you post your best text convos weekly please.

Mary Jane said...

long time no blog comment- but here are reasons to buy a piano.

A. It gives your home ambience
B. Learing the piano is a great talent.
C. Umm, you can get them for a great deal off of craigslist.
D. Moving one will count for your workout for a few days.:)

Good luck with the psydo piano purchase:)How the blank do you spell suedo? Psyeudo? Whatever, you know what? my spelling skillz are off ze hizook!